Do you feel like your relationships are at a standstill?
Are you stuck in the same argument loop every night?
Do you wonder if other relationships/parents have something you don’t?
Do you desire more romantic intimacy?
Getting a “blueprint” for how to successfully enrich your romantic relationship is what I give you. My work with so many struggling couples and families over the years has, again and again, revealed to me that “how-to” KNOWLEDGE and ACCOUNTABILITY matter.
The most well-meaning couples too often get accidentally stuck. And like building a Lego set, unless you have the directions you’re just guessing. And guessing comes with serious risks of wasted time. And with romantic and family relationships, not only time wasted but often unintended hurtful injury is caused when at the end of all that well-meant effort, it just doesn’t work.
Using an evidence-based approach, I use CBT talk therapy with clear interactive psycho-educational visual tools. Tools developed from the dynamic fields of Emotionally-Focused Therapy, the Gottman Method, Relational Life Therapy (RLT), and Solution-Focused Therapy to help you get the happy relationship you both deserve.
You will leave your session with charts and exercise outcomes that will resonate. Resonate and wholly change how you and your partner and/or family members confidently grow back and sustain harmony, joy, and respect — and for couples, romantic love and sexual intimacy. All of this adding up to mature, stable, responsible accountability that lasts your lifetime.
| Couples / Marital Counseling Support: |
- Learn how to create, sustain and/or repair your romantic relationship.
- Relationships can be challenging. Ups and downs are normal. Clear guidance on what works and what doesn’t is what you’ll get in here!
- Reality checks about what each of you needs and doesn’t need, the balance of power analyses, and accountability management are among the key factors that we will look at together.
- Help transition into the awesome but often chaotic life of being parents (average 1st baby age 21.4 years old in 1970 to 26.6 in 2016, CDC 2014).
- Balance a two-career-driven household (72% of U.S. homes are dual income, Census 2019) and feel like you’ve still got it and are loving it when you get home at night.
| Family Relationships – Parents, Siblings, Extended Relatives |
- Process feelings and learn skills that help you navigate life forward better and/or heal from unhealthy relationships and life trauma.
- Learn skills to manage past difficult breakups, codependency, family dynamics, stress and anxiety, and perfectionism.
- Not live a life of “quiet desperation.” In the midst of the all above-welcomed gifts but challenging pressures, stay connected with your neighbor, be a good citizen, fulfill your creative extracurricular goals, keep your body, mind, and spirit healthy — and yet still carve time out for yourself on your own or with your partner and family.
- Heal and break the damage cycle from the life wounds. Learn how to grieve and move on in a healthy peaceful way.
| Divorce/Blended-Families |
- No one likes divorce. But, if after sincere effort is given and it must happen, my work is to support couples and families to do it right. Learn how to close it with mutual understanding, respect, and forgiveness, especially when there are children involved.
- Learn how to support your children to move forward with love and access to both parents without guilt, shame, or manipulation.
- Blending families with children (16% U.S., Pew 2019) of all ages and backgrounds can bring lots of joy but also lots of challenges. Different parenting styles, new logistic matrixes, and the shifting schedules of two homes can be complicated and stressful. However, a successful blended family can be redemptive, breaking the cycle for future generations.
Couples /families seeking to enrich and improve their relationship structure, communication, and conflict skills
Couples wanting to increase or rediscover physical intimacy
Couples dealing with infidelity/trust issues/divorce
Couples /families balancing demanding work/life schedules
Couples who want help navigating co-parenting blended families
- Couples /families dealing with trauma or chronic illness of themselves or a loved one